Welcome to Our Flower Care Section. Here is where you'll find all of your flower care tips and tricks to make sure your flower's thrive.
WONDERING HOW TO KEEP FLOWERS FRESH?
Learn how to get the most out of your floral arrangements. Every plant requires different care so be sure to follow instructions because they vary depending on the type of plant.
10 steps for Hydrangea Care
Here are the most important steps when caring for Hydrangea's:
1. Choose a Vase, preferably glass, which holds plenty of water (minimum 1 liter). Clean and disinfect using warm water, add some chlorine and scrub with a sponge or brush.
2. Once the vase is fully rinsed and clean you can proceed to add fresh room temperature water.
3. Next step is to cut the bottom part of the stem (above the node) to eliminate any kind of sap that might prevent ideal water absorption.
4. This is a crucial step but almost always over looked; quickly remove any damaged leaves to prevent bacteria from spreading throughout the foliage.
5. Hydrangeas get their nutrients from water as well as plant food. For premium flower care we recommend Chrysal cut flower food mixed with cold Water.
6. Add 1 packet of Chrysal per 1 Pt. of water. This will help maximize vase life and improves the quality of the blooms by stabilizing the water PH.
7. Put the Hydrangeas inside the Vase with the water and plant food mixture, making sure there is no foliage under water which might cause the spreading of bacteria into the liquid.
8. Place the hydrangeas in an area where there is oxygen flow and no direct sunlight.
9. Replace the water every 2 -3 days or as needed. Using fresh water is best way to keep hydrangeas crisp and alive for longer periods of time.
10. Enjoy your Hydrangeas!